CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST
For those of you who may not know much about the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints, we believe that you are saved through our brother, our Savior, Jesus Christ. Something I have been thinking about lately is the atonement of Jesus Christ. He came to this earth knowing that he would suffer for ALL of our sins. I cannot imagine what it was like that dreary night in the Garden of Gethsemane. To think the pain that I have felt when I have sinned or even something as little as those countless paper cuts were suffered by Christ. Then times that pain by every other single person that has ever existed on this earth, it is unbelievable. The most important thing to remember is that he already suffered for our sins; he doesn’t want us to have to suffer like he did. Though we may suffer and at times things may be hard because of sin it is through the atonement that we can find peace in our lives. I love this scripture which is located in the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ, in Alma 7: 11-12:11
"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."
Christ suffered so that we don’t have to. It’s amazing what the atonement can do in your life. It can change you. Through the atonement you can be forgiven and washed clean of your sins. I have seen the change in my life and others. My relationship with my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ has been strengthened when I have turned to them. I love this gospel, I love my life and I am thankful everyday for it!

1 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

what strikes me is that He suffered our emotional pains as well. so often in my life i have felt alone and misunderstood, and yet i know Who i can turn to for comfort. it's not just the sin and the physical pains that He comforts and heals. it's the emotional as well--the fear, anxiety, sadness, lonliness, frustration, anger is in there too. so often when i cry, He cries too. not to tell me that i can make it through any problem, but just that He knows that it stinks. He puts his arm around me and says, "I know. I know." He also shares in our joy and our happiness, He jumps for joy when we do as He desires our happiness.

anyway, love you. great thoughts. eternal thoughts.