CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

What qualifies a girl to be a missionary?

Most people don’t realize what they are saying but here are YOUR answers:

*Someone “homely” looking or

*Someone who doesn’t have social skills with men or

*Someone who doesn’t have anything else going on in their life (like a prospective husband).

And my personal favorite:

*Someone who isn’t too pretty so they wont distract the other male missionaries.

Whatever happened to a girl being a good missionary because,

*She has a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ or

*She has good social skills or

*She can relate to so many different types of people or most importantly because

*She LOVES to talk about the Gospel and wants EVERYONE to have the opportunity to feel and KNOW that the Father in Heaven loves them!

8 comments:

mom of six, nana of five said...

AMEN!!!

Lindsey from The R House said...

hahah. well, i certainly didn't fit the sister missionary mold and neither did most of the sisters on my mission ...which is probably why they were all in my mission.

temple square all the way, baby.

Lindsey from The R House said...

here's another sister missionary that breaks the mold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjgHYEIJw2o

this is daniel and crichton's cousin.

Kati Howard said...

Ha.... love the responses to that question.

I agree with you... although there is that difficult stereotype "sister missionary" mold that most people tend to lump all sister missionaries into.

Love you new hair by the way.

Sara said...

I seriously can't think of a better missionary than you, girl :) Go out there and do your thang :)

Melly Mae said...

HEY LOVE!!! I will get those pics up asap. You look super fly in them! You guys seem to be having a blast and I hope you are! Love ya!

paulandcherisvreeken said...

I wouldn't be so harsh... Most of the women missionaries I know or have seen are some of the most beautiful women I know!!! I've often envied most of them for their inner and outer beauty and their strength to be able to give that sacrifice and succeed at it. I wish I was more like most of them!! Are you thinking about going?!

KP said...

bri this is great.
are you planning on going on one?
i can totally see you being such a good missionary and talkin the gospel up!!
-kellie